Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Well that was fast

I just got a call from the person who will be our social worker. She has received our paperwork that we mailed off and we set up a meeting with her for this Friday

Wait... WHAT? Can you break that down for me again? Slower this time??

Sure!

Yes, the paperwork we mailed off on January 24th, the stuff we mentioned in this post, has made its happy way back to Eau Claire and has landed on the desk of our social worker. (We seriously have a social worker now??? I still feel like we should probably say that she might be our social worker...but I guess not...?)

Yes, this happened a LOT faster than we thought it would. Based on conversations with other's timeline of this part of the process, we estimated it would take anywhere from 1 to 3 months. It has been three weeks. Yes, this freaks us out a little, but it is also exciting and we are going to roll with it.

Yes, we are meeting THIS Friday. Two days from this moment we will be sitting on our couch with our social worker. Better get cleaning when I get home tonight!

Apparently, as our social worker told me, in this meeting she will go over what the program looks like and we will go over the paperwork we mailed in. Then she will go back and decide if we are a good fit for the program. If they decide we are then we will get an application to fill out, then the home study process will begin.

So, here we go! (I know I've said this before, and I'm sure I'll say it again a million more times as the process begins to feel more and more real!)

Please pray for us as we meet our social worker on Friday. Pray for timing throughout the process. Continue to pray for our kids and pray that we'll listen closely to the spirit's guidance to stay on the path that will lead us to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment